Kristin Zech focuses her practice on commercial litigation, employment, and immigration law. She regularly represents clients before both federal and state courts and administrative agencies. In addition to litigation, Ms. Zech advises employers on a variety of issues, including personnel actions, compliance with employment eligibility standards, Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, and labor relations. Through her immigration practice, Ms. Zech helps family and business clients obtain a variety of immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
Ms. Zech graduated from the College of William and Mary, summa cum laude, in 2001 with a degree in history. She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. In 2004, she earned her Juris Doctor at the William and Mary School of Law where she received the William Hamilton Prize for excellence in legal history.
Ms. Zech is a member of the Bars of Virginia, the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, and is admitted to the Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the District of Maryland, the District of Columbia, the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. Additionally, she is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Fairfax Bar Association.
Ms. Zech regularly accepts pro bono immigration cases through Catholic Charities and other legal service organizations in the metropolitan region. Additionally, she teaches English as a Second Language at St. Mark Catholic Church in Vienna.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- Immigration Law
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Certifications, Honors, and Awards
- Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center – Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-14
- William Hamilton Prize, 2004
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “Federal Protections for Breastfeeding Mothers in the Workplace,” The Federal Lawyer, Vol. 60, Issue 8, September 2013.
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary Juris Doctor, 2004
- College of William and Mary Bachelor of Arts 2001
Past Employment Positions
- Senior Associate, Cochran & Owen, LLC
- Associate, Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver, PLC
1921 Gallows Road, Suite 750
Tysons Corner, Virginia 22182
Direct Telephone 703.883.9104
Main Telephone 703.883.0880